7 Budget Friendly Self Love Activities You Can Do Today!
We cannot give that which we do not have, so give yourself some love and care today so you can do the same for others. The key is to be fully present and intentional with each of these as you experience them. Hint: Sundays are really great days to do these.
Here we go:
- Take a walk. Get your blood flow going, being fully present to the experience. Pay attention to flowers, trees, sounds, and homes. Imagine what types of conversations are going on inside the homes in your neighborhood, what kind of meals they are eating, what they are watching, what their home looks like. Let your imagination go wild as you stay fully present and intentional. I believe you will experience your walk in a whole new way.
- Sit outside. Enjoy the sun, the rain, the sunrise, the sunset, the sounds, the trees, the birds, and more. Chill and take in the moment.
- Read a book. A book that you've been wanting to pick up for some time and have not allowed yourself to do so. Forget the non-fiction for now. Pick up a fiction book and let yourself get lost in the journey.
- Prepare your favorite meal. Oftentimes we are preparing for everyone else and we forget about ourselves. Then invite someone to join you and enjoy your favorite meal with you, should you choose.
- Set a new goal or challenge. That's how this Facebook Live Challenge came about for myself--30 days straight of showing up live for you--whether or not I felt like it. I'm encouraging you to set a new goal or challenge for yourself as it will be life-changing. Grab an accountability partner or group to make it even more powerful and impactful.
- Meditate or Pray. I used to think meditation was too 'woo-woo' until I looked at it differently. I meditate staying true to my Faith and beliefs and I encourage you to do the same. I use an amazing free app called 'Insight Timer'. Meditation is restorative and it can be done in 5 mins to an hour or more. With the Insight Timer app, you decide and bookmark what works for you. Try it, you'll be glad you did. Maybe this will be your personal 30-day challenge?
- Call a friend or family member. I'm talking old school here--actually pick up the phone and talk voice to voice. Even if you have to leave a voice message, leave words of encouragement and how much you love and care for this person. This is NOT the time to call someone with whom you have a strained relationship. Remember, this is self love day. Save that other one for another day--or not.
- Bonus. Listen to music that makes you come alive. This day I had Dave Mathews Radio via Amazon Prime and Alexa blasting through the house. It filled my soul with sounds from Dave Mathews, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, Counting Crows and so much more. Dance and Sing and let yourself get lost in the fun and freedom. C'mon, you can do it!
From the bottom of my heart to the bottom of yours, thank you and make it a great day.
P.S. I invite you to join me over on Facebook and Instagram.
P.P.S. If you are a startup digital entrepreneur who feels stuck or lost in the overload of information, you need this free download, 5-Step Biz Blueprint, so you can start building a rock-solid business, from the ground up, without the overwhelm.
You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. Grab it here.