Put Courage into Action and Make Your Voice Heard
Is it just me or do you feel lost too when it comes to making your voice heard in this noisy world?
For years I stopped and started, stopped and started, as I never felt I was gaining traction. I wanted to go from zero to hero overnight and allowed myself to get dis-COURAGED too easily.
Once I recognized that dis-couragement came from the enemy, I was able to put courage into action, little by little, by implementing seven simple steps. I want you to be en-COURAGED to do the same by implementing the seven steps below.
How to Put Courage into Action and Make Your Voice Heard:
- Know what you want to say. Here's the deal -- you have to pick something and run with it. It can be a theme such as 'God, Country, Health, Home' (like mine) or it can be a single subject like life coaching or firearms training. The key is knowing where your passion and purpose lies and then get that message out to the world.
- Know your audience. Who do you want to hear your message? Your message isn't for everyone and it isn't for no one -- start with a niched down target audience (such as professional women of faith over 40 who feel stuck in their career) and then GO. You can always expand your audience once you grow.
- Be authentic. Trying to be someone else will give you imposter syndrome and your audience will pick up on this quickly. Use others for possibility only and use your own self for measuring progress. Your voice is needed and only you can bring it, just as you are.
- Take baby steps. Start with one blog post, one social media post, one video, one podcast recording. You cannot do all things well in the beginning so pick your one platform and get into action. Consistency is key so if you take on too much at once, you'll sabotage yourself as it will become overwhelming. Master the one before the many.
- Do it afraid. Courage isn't the absence of fear -- courage is feeling the fear and doing it anyway. If you are to make a dent in the devil's world, you can't pick up the fear he is putting down. You were created to be courageous and for such a time as this. The enemy is afraid of YOUR voice, so get it out there!
- Have a plan and stick to it. This is probably the most difficult to execute as life can get in the way and of course, as you start moving forward, the enemy will be pushing back on you. Your job is to say 'not today satan' and stick to your plan. This is the ONLY way to create and maintain momentum.
- Dream BIG. So many times in my life I've been told my dreams were too big and not realistic, which can be quite deflating. I did allow those comments cause me to shrink my dreams until my dreams kept coming back to me. It doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks, it only matters what you want and believe. Doubt comes from the devil. Dreaming BIG gives you a target to aim toward -- it doesn't mean you don't attack your dream by breaking it into mini-goals -- it simply means you don't sell yourself short! How will you ever know where you're going and when you've arrived if you don't allow yourself to dream BIG and be excited about your dream?
One last thing ... you are never too young, too old, too tired, too 'anything' to start. These are lies coming from you know who to keep you silenced. My question to you is, who will win, you or him? I'm putting my money on YOU because you were born for such a time as this!
Together in Courage,
[be sure to follow me on social platforms @pamelajandco -- I mostly hang out on insta and I would be honored to have you join me there.]