For What Do You Stand? [Liberty, Freedom, Faith]
I've been thinking a lot lately about for what I stand. Have you? I ask as there will come a day, if not already, where you are going to have to choose a side. In order to choose a side wisely, you will need to know, without any doubt, for what you stand.
Here are 5 points to ponder to help decipher for what you stand:
- What hill are you willing to die on? Or, asked differently, for what do you believe so deeply that you would rather die than compromise? Would you die for Jesus? Are you willing to go against what's popular to take a stand for truth? Do you have the courage to speak what you believe or will you remain silent? Would you be willing to risk losing your job to maintain personal integrity?
- When push comes to shove, how strong is your faith? We've witnessed this past year, to our surprise and disappointment, many pastors cower to the fear pushed by media, big tech, and government. We saw only a handful of churches led by courageous pastors, praise the Lord, that opened their doors and took the hits for their congregations. They recognized they had a flock to lead and that they only bow to the one and only King, Christ Jesus. During this time, what did you do? Did you seek out one of these open churches and attend? What are you thinking right now? Are you finding yourself coming up with reasons and excuses? Are you finding yourself seeking the comfort of online services in your pjs with coffee in hand? I ask again, for what do you stand? I'm not trying to judge or condemn you, this exercise is for your benefit so that you can be strengthened during adversity and stand for what you believe. I personally feel fortunate to have found a handful of churches and pastors near where I live who were and are still willing to take a stand to protect religious and personal freedoms. They are out there. And in case you're wondering, these churches are thriving because the flocks are hungry. How hungry are you for Jesus? For corporate worship? For fellowship?
- How much do liberty and freedom mean to you? Are you okay with the government overstepping its role and treading on your rights and freedoms? We've seen more than our rightful share of lost freedoms due to power hungry leaders over the past year and, personally, I'm not okay with this. I want my liberty. I want my freedoms and US Constitution protected. The government exists to serve us, we the people. We do not exist to serve the government. I don't know about you, but I'm against mask mandates, any and all ideas of vaxXc(ine passports and mandates, and any and all closings of countries, states, counties, and cities for extended periods of time. Fifteen days to slow the spread was enough -- then we needed to open back up. Once we lose freedoms to power hungry leaders, it's nearly impossible to get them back. What are you willing to do to protect and preserve liberty, freedom, and the US Constitution for you, your children, and your children's children?
- Are you buying into the enemy's lies or are you seeking truth? With so much thrown at us today, what steps are you taking to decipher lies from truth and truth from lies? Do you immerse yourself in God's Word on a daily basis? Do you listen for the Holy Spirit to speak to you? Do you gather strength, courage, and wisdom from knowing that God is in control or are you living in fear like the enemy desires? God desires you, all of you, and for you to not live in a spirit of timidity and fear, but in a spirit of confidence and courage. He wants you to know and believe that He is in control and that He needs you in His earthly army, moving your feet. Are you ready to put on the full armor of God and step into the battle?
- What legacy do you want to leave behind? When I leave this earth, I want to have made an impact for future generations. I want my children and my children's children to know that I did all I could to protect and preserve this great country, The United States of America. Every day that I wake up and every night before I go to sleep, I think about what more I can do. My goal is to take a step forward each day and that, collectively, these actions will have impact. What about you? What stories do you want your children and your children's children sharing? Did you know that we can stop paying for generational sin by doing things differently today? It's true. There is no reason for our children and our children's children to pay for our sins. This knowledge drives me and gives me energy. What will it be for you?
Our God is such a merciful God. I believe He will use this adversity, this trial, and will make something amazing. I feel it already -- the revival, the waking up of the sleeping giant of true Christianity. No longer can we afford to be feel good Christians as Christianity is not a feel good membership. Christians will always be counter culture as we are not of this world, we are of the eternal world. Our battle is spiritual for eternity. Will you step into the battlefield with me and the many others who have gone before?
The world needs you.
You were born for such a time as this. [Ester 4:14]